When sending clients to this part of the world, I love to use a supplier with great contacts and who knows these places inside and out. Halina from Greece and Mediterranean Travel Centre is someone who has been doing this for decade, we have already shared her tips on Turkey, here she shares her tips on Egypt.
- Experience a city that sits on the edge of the desert with
easy access to the Great Pyramid of Cheops, dating
back to 2,500BC, as well as two smaller pyramids
which belonged to Cheops’ son and grandson.
- Experience the wonder of seeing the Sphinx – that
incredible monument with a lion’s body and a human
- Experience Khan El Khalili, which dates back to 1382,
one of the great bazaars in the world.
- Experience a coffee at El Fishawy, which has been open
in the Khan El Khalili bazaar nonstop since 1752.
- Experience the Egyptian Museum and view some of
the 136,000 Pharaonic treasures on display. Regarded
as both Old (2700 to 2200 BC) and New (1600 to
1200BC) there are another 40,000 or so items in the
basement due to lack of display space.
- Experience the twelfth century Citadel, one of the
world’s greatest monuments to medieval warfare, a
highly visible landmark on Cairo’s eastern skyline.
- Experience Cairo, a city that’s a must to visit for its
Maverick Travel would like to thank Halina at Greece and Mediterranean Travel Centre, her knowledge and experience counts for everything so that your experience lacks for nothing!